We're looking for a charismatic and innovative Head of New Business to join our growing team in 2023
About the Company
We’re professional noisemakers.
We collaborate with restless filmmakers and brands to imagine the unimagined through sound and music.
From three-note audio branding to feature film score (and everything in between), our anti-obvious approach to creativity has attracted global clients as diverse as Nike, BMW, Sir Paul McCartney, SKY, Dior, Tesco, Adidas, Uber and the FA.
With four recording studios in the heart of Holborn and a roster of over 50 composers and producers worldwide, we specialise in delivering unforgettable bespoke music, sonic branding and audio-post production to our diverse portfolio of clients across Advertising, Film, TV and experiential.
We craft our work from the ground up. We build our own instruments. We take risks. Our approach rejects complacent defaultism and sees everything as a possibility. It leaves nothing untried. Because there or thereabouts is nowhere near.
We’re a small close-knit team of hard working, creative minds, raised on good manners, mutual respect, rolling your sleeves up and putting in the graft. And we love what we do - every day is different.
We look out for each other to ensure the company we build together delivers personally meaningful success for every single member of our team. Because people work with people, not companies.
We’re growing fast. Last year was our best ever…so far.
We’re looking for someone very special to help deliver on our ambitious strategy into 2023 and beyond.
In this exciting central role you’ll be the external face of The Futz Butler - responsible for bringing in new work to the in-house team through the building and nurturing of genuine relationships.
The role will focus on targeted leads in the fields of Film, TV & Advertising production, Audio Branding, digital content, direct to brand, product design and Web 3.0. You’ll secure meetings, deliver sales pitches and presentations with prospects to share our story, work and the nuanced way we solve our clients’ problems. You’ll attend awards ceremonies and industry events to cement connections and ensure ‘first call’ status. Flawless interpersonal skills and a dynamic personality are a must.
You must be equally adept in the digital space, producing and sharing content and maintaining relationships through online platforms and email as well as harnessing creative automations and time-saving efficiencies within our CRM, using it rigorously to manage our contact database and move prospects through our sales pipelines.
Being a team player is essential. You’ll be working with our composers, sound designers and engineers to understand our unique approach to producing the work and with our marketing team to ensure our audience always receives relevant, consistent and value-based content.
A passion for music and sound is vital, as is being immersed in the rapidly changing media and cultural landscape we operate in. We are looking for someone with at least 5 years’ experience in either film, TV, advertising or content production; and 3+ years experience in driving new business.
We invest in all our people. This position can offer routes for the right candidate to forge their own dynamic career as a central figure in a diverse range of creative industries.
This role will primarily be carried out at our Central London studios with travel also required. Applicants must be London / South-East based (in commutable distance from London within an hour or so).
- Build and sustain relationships with targeted prospects to bring in strategically aligned new business
- Meetings with prospects (in person and virtual) to share our work, raise brand awareness and secure new briefs and opportunities
- Be across industry publications and chatter to identify early marketing and new business opportunities, as well as ongoing and future project intel
- Harvest leads and grow a targeted prospect list that widens the sources of new work
- Manage and maintain all client data in our CRM so our contact list is clean, up to date and so all outreach is visible across the team
- Synergy with marketing campaigns to ensure consistent brand positioning
- Attend industry social events and awards to raise brand awareness and make first hand conenctions
- Dovetail with the operations side of the business on projects to maintain a joined up client experience
Qualities and values we are looking for
- Dynamic, motivated and fastidious approach
- Understanding and experience of, and connections within our sectors
- Proven business development experience and success in a related sector
- A passion for music and creative culture
- A sense of style, edge and an appetite for the unconventional
- In-touch with latest trends
- Experience and rigorous understanding of working with a new business strategy and CRM
- Honest and hard working
- Organisation and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly and effectively research and deliver detailed information or options
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work closely within a team
- Effortless writing style; excellent command of spelling and grammar
Job Details + Salary
- Permanent | Full Time | c £50-£60k + commission
- Probation period of 3 months
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (pro-rated)
- (All applicants must be legally entitled to work in the UK)
Our Hiring Process
- Closing date for initial applications is 6pm Tuesday 21st March 2023
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a short telephone interview between 22nd and 29th March
- Final shortlisted applicants will be invited to a face to face interview week of 3rd April
- Appointment made by 12th April